What is Bosch IoT Things?
Bosch IoT Things enables applications to manage digital twins of IoT device assets in a simple, convenient, robust, and secure way. Based on the digital twin approach, applications can store and update the data, properties, and relationships of their assets and be notified of all relevant changes. The digital twins of your tools, cars, sensors, and other web-enabled things are subsequently able to interact with one another. You can also enrich your digital twins with further capabilities based on the information or functionality provided by additional systems.
Devices integrate with their digital twins using the Bosch IoT Hub or other device connectivity technologies. Various layers of your application or permitted 3rd-party applications can interact with the digital twins using HTTP JSON APIs or a connection-based integration via WebSocket, AMQP, and MQTT.
Key features of Bosch IoT Things
- Digital twin management: Register, read, and update your things via our open APIs.
- Find your things: Using a powerful search index, you can query your things according to their dynamic properties or static attributes.
- Control access: Apply fine-grained policies to allow authorized users and applications to interact with your digital twins or even with the physical devices they represent.
- Related Bosch IoT Suite services: Telemetry and command & control use cases can be realized in combination with the Bosch IoT Hub. Bosch IoT Permissions allows you to apply role-based access control within your policies. Bosch IoT Insights provides a graphical overview of the current status and relationships of your digital twins.
- Open source foundation: Bosch IoT Things is based on and powered by the open source project Eclipse Ditto.
- Available on: Bosch IoT Things is available as a fully managed cloud service in the Bosch IoT Cloud and on Amazon Web Services.
Service plans at a glance
Bosch IoT Things is available as a free plan for evaluation purposes, a starter plan for smaller, entry-level scenarios, and as a standard plan that supports pay-as-you-grow scenarios.
|Things: Manage digital twins for your IoT assets|
|Features: Structure the features of your things|
|Search: Find every thing|
|Messages: Talk with your things|
|Subscriptions: Listen to things|
|Dashboard: Get started and stay organized|
|Policies: Apply fine-grained access control for users, roles, groups, and applications|
|Included transactions (API-calls/messages) per month||100,000||500,000||10,000,000|
|Included managed data volume||0.5 MB||1 MB||50 MB|
|Additional capacity with a ‘pay-as-you-grow’ pricing|
|Included support plan||Community-based support||Basic support||Basic support|
|Premium support (optional)||Contact us|
|Subscribe||Subscribe via AWS Marketplace||Subscribe via AWS Marketplace|