What is Bosch IoT Insights?
Bosch IoT Insights is a fully managed cloud service that collects, processes, and stores your IoT data for further analysis. IoT data management provides the basis for optimizing devices and functions and developing new services and solutions.
You can use this service to process data generated by any device. The data you send to the cloud is first stored in a raw format in an object store. To ensure seamless integration of your data, Bosch IoT Insights offers a standard HTTPS API and an automotive-specific API. You can also ingest your data via the Bosch IoT Gateway Software or the Bosch IoT Remote Manager.
Once stored, the service enables you to decode, normalize, enrich, and clean your data. In a next step, you can query your data using NoSQL/MongoDB databases and visualize it using standard and user-defined dashboards. In addition, Bosch IoT Insights also features interfaces to common third-party data-analytics tools such as Matlab, Excel, and Tableau.
Key features of Bosch IoT Insights
Data collection:Seamlessly ingest your data via a standard HTTPS API, with Bosch IoT Gateway Software, Bosch IoT Remote Manager or Bosch IoT Things. Send your data to Bosch IoT Insights via direct networking, offline transmission of data packets, encrypted channels or raw data storage.
- Decode: You can make binary data readable with a data processor. The solution supports various industry-wide description standards such as ODX, Fibex, A2L, MDF, DBC and Google Protocol buffer
- Normalization: Allows to uniform data by bringing together different data sources and unifying their data structures
- Duplicate removal: Eliminates duplicate to guarantee high quality with reduced costs
- Filtering: Allows to define a specific query to filter out desired data
- Aggregation: Aggregates different data sources together
- Forwarding: Data of choice can be forwarded via the REST API to other services
- Alarm: Via email, SMS, and / or webhooks specific alarm messages or triggers can be performed
- Store raw (Object Store) and processed data (MongoDB) in a highly secure, cloud-based lambda infrastructure.
- The data can be exported in various formats, including JSON, TSV and CSV Interfaces available for common third-party tools such as Matlab, Excel, and Tableau
- Allows storage of various data types:
- Time Series data
- Aggregated counters
- Statistical Information
- Logging Information
- Simple database query (NoSQL / MongoDB-based)
The GUI provides an overview of your data
The filter functions (i.e., queries) allow searching specific data
Templates can be created for frequent database queries, which can be made also available to other project users
- Visualization & content management
Standard & custom dashboards for visualizing data (optimized also for mobile use) are available
Flexible and self-customizable dashboards created in 5 steps creating a full-fledged dashboard
- Dashboard settings: number of columns
- General settings: refresh interval
- Data sources: selection of desired data source
- Chart Settings: chart height, x-axis settings, y-axis settings
- Trace Settings: one or more bar charts, line charts, pie charts, live charts, scatter charts and their specific settings
User management: Create, change and view user accounts. Each access is encrypted and authenticated.
Related Bosch IoT Suite services: Integration is enabled via the Bosch IoT Remote Manager, Bosch IoT Gateway Software and Bosch IoT Things. This provides wide-ranging device connectivity (e.g. HTTPS and MQTT) and diverse functionality (e.g. encryption, device configuration, and device management). There is also an interface to Bosch IoT Things, which provides an overview of the status of your devices and components as well as their relationships.
Available on: Bosch IoT Insights is available as a fully managed cloud service hosted in the Bosch IoT Cloud. Users can also subscribe to the service via the AWS Marketplace.
Service plans at a glance
Bosch IoT Insights is available as a free plan for evaluation purposes, a starter plan for smaller, entry-level scenarios and a standard plan for solutions involving a large number of connected devices and premium plan for dedicated performance. The starter, the standard and the premium plan support pay-as-you-grow scenarios.
|Configurable dashboards / data visualizations (Configurate your own views)|
|Custom data pipelines (Dedicated customizable stream processing)|
|Industry standard format decoding (DBC, ODX, MDF, Fibex, A2L and Google Protobuf)|
|Masterdata management (Manage and store device meta information based on IoT Things)|
|User management (Users invitation and management of project space)|
|Storage performance (based on average & best effort for raw and processed data)||low & shared (virtualized)||moderate & shared (Replicaset 3 nodes, max. 1000GB)||moderate & shared (Replicaset 3 nodes, max. 1000GB)||high & dedicated (ReplicaSet 3 nodes, per node 64GB RAM, dual core Sharding on request. )|
|Upload Events per second (based on 10 kilobytes event / second)||10||100||200||3,000|
|Traffic (In-/outbound traffic)||limited - 1000 MB|
|Data backup (Snapshots every 12 hours and stored for 2 days Daily snapshots will be stored for 7 days Weekly snapshots will be stored for 2 weeks)|
|Restore (Restore of backup on request)||on request||on request||on request|
|Mails (Notifications based on data pipeline)||50||1,000|
|SMS (Notifications based on data pipeline)||10||100||200||300|
Number of devices
(For metadata managment "Devices")
* included in case of dedicated IoT Things instance
|limited - 10*||10*||100*||1,000*|
|Processed data volume (For visualization & analytics purposes based on MongoDB)||limited - 100 MB||100.00 MB||500.00 MB||100,000.00 MB|
|Raw data volume (Raw data / Input History based on Object Storage)||limited - 100 MB||100.00 MB||1,000.00 MB||100,000.00 MB|
|GB RAM for Data pipeline (1 instance requires 1 GB RAM)||non configurable||1 GB||2 GB||4 GB|
|Mails (Notifications based on data pipeline)||50||1,000||2,000||3,000|
|SMS (Notifications based on data pipeline)||10||100||200||300|
|Included support plan||Community-based support||Standard support||Standard support||Standard support|
|Premium support (optional)||Contact us||Contact us|
|Subscribe||Subscribe via AWS Marketplace||Subscribe via AWS Marketplace||Subscribe via AWS Marketplace|
Configure and estimate the costs of Bosch IoT Insights for your specific scenarios.