What is Bosch IoT Suite for Asset Communication?
In today’s digital world, many IoT applications focus on processing the data generated by connected devices. This telemetry data is used for a wide range of IoT use cases, such as remote monitoring, presence detection, and sensor tracking. In addition to this device-to-cloud communication, more and more IoT use cases also require changing the configuration of devices and triggering actions on devices (command & control).
Bosch IoT Suite for Asset Communication is a service package dedicated to support the scalable and secure ingestion of large volumes of sensor and asset data, and supports the remote control of your assets.
This package comprises:
- Bosch IoT Hub – which takes care of device connectivity at the large scale
- Bosch IoT Things – which manages the digital representation (digital twins) of your physical devices
- Bosch IoT Gateway Software – which provides edge-computing capabilities
Thanks to its pre-configured character, the service package provides one endpoint for device provisioning.
- Device registration via Bosch IoT Hub: One-time registration of devices and gateways via the central device provisioning API of the Bosch IoT Suite; automatic registration of all edge devices connected via a gateway running Bosch IoT Gateway Software.
- Digital twins stored in Bosch IoT Things: Keep up with the latest known state of your connected devices.
- Receive telemetry data and events: Ability to receive telemetry data and events from your devices.
- Remote device control: Ability to remotely control your devices by setting configuration properties that are transmitted to them, or by remote invocation of device operations.
- Pre-configured: Persistent connection between Bosch IoT Hub and Bosch IoT Things. Thus, solution developers do not have to individually configure the Bosch IoT Suite services provided with this service package.
- Authorization management: Unified authorization by Suite OAuth tokens (JWT issued by our Suite OAuth infrastructure).
- Connectivity and intelligence at the edge: Edge devices with no direct connectivity capabilities can be connected to the cloud via a gateway running Bosch IoT Gateway Software; develop and deploy intelligent logic on the gateway that processes the data from connected edge devices.
- Open source foundation: Bosch IoT Suite for Asset Communication is based on and powered by the Eclipse Hono and Eclipse Ditto open source projects.
- Related Bosch IoT Suite services: Bosch IoT Suite for Asset Communication comprises Bosch IoT Hub, Bosch IoT Things and Bosch IoT Gateway Software. The service package can be used in conjunction with Bosch IoT Suite for Software Updates to manage software updates.
- Available on: Bosch IoT Suite for Asset Communication runs on Amazon Web Services.
Service plans at a glance
Bosch IoT Suite for Asset Communication is available as a free plan for evaluation purposes, a starter plan for smaller, entry-level scenarios, and a standard plan.
|Receive telemetry data and events|
|Remote device control|
|Supported protocols for direct connectivity||HTTP, MQTT, Gateway Software protocol||HTTP, MQTT, LoRaWAN, Gateway Software protocol||HTTP, MQTT, LoRaWAN, Gateway Software protocol|
|Supported protocols for connectivity via gateway||Z-Wave, ZigBee, KNX, UPnP, Bluetooth LE, DECT ULE, ONVIF, HomeConnect, Modbus, EEBus SHIP, EEBus SPINE||Z-Wave, ZigBee, KNX, UPnP, Bluetooth LE, DECT ULE, ONVIF, HomeConnect, Modbus, EEBus SHIP, EEBus SPINE||Z-Wave, ZigBee, KNX, UPnP, Bluetooth LE, DECT ULE, ONVIF, HomeConnect, Modbus, EEBus SHIP, EEBus SPINE|
|Manage and structure digital twins for your IoT assets|
|Search: Find every thing|
|Subscriptions: Listen to things|
|Included capacity||See Bosch IoT Hub and Bosch IoT Things||See Bosch IoT Hub and Bosch IoT Things||See Bosch IoT Hub and Bosch IoT Things|
|Additional capacity with a ‘pay-as-you-grow’ pricing||Not supported||Not supported|
|Evaluation license of Bosch IoT Gateway Software|
|Commercial licenses of Bosch IoT Gateway Software||Not supported||Contact Us||Contact Us|
|Included support plan||Community-based support||Basic support||Basic support|
|Premium support (optional)||Contact us|
|Subscribe||Subscribe via AWS Marketplace||Subscribe via AWS Marketplace|